Many people celebrate special occasions with a meal, enjoying a steak dinner after a graduation ceremony or chicken at an engagement party. If damaged or missing teeth are keeping you from joining in the fun, you need restorative dental care from Plymouth, MI dentist Dr. Chad Barber.
If eating is a pain rather than a pleasure for you, call Chad W. Barber, DDS at (734) 725-2022. You’ll be able to chew in comfort again after receiving one of these restorative dental treatments:
- Tooth fillings. Dr. Barber will fix a cavity with a filling. While the jury is still out on whether mercury in metal fillings can cause health problems, we take no chances and use composite fillings instead.
- Dental crowns. We can fix numerous dental problems with a crown, including a broken tooth, cracked tooth, and severe decay.
- Inlays or onlays. If your damage is too severe for a filling but not serious enough for a dental crown, an inlay or onlay is the right choice to repair it.
- Root canal. An infected tooth not only keeps you from eating in comfort, it can lead to a dental abscess that may cause fever, nausea, and, left untreated, more serious medical issues. Dr. Barber will remove the infection from your tooth with a root canal procedure.
Multiple Options Including Implants To Replace Your Missing Teeth
Dental implants function like tooth roots when embedded in your jaw. So they look and feel more like your natural teeth than other teeth replacements. Dr. Barber doesn’t place implants, but he’ll work with an oral surgeon to plan your procedure. After your implants have healed, you’ll come to our Plymouth, MI dentist office so he can attach the dental restoration of your choice to them.
If you’d rather not get implants, you can choose more traditional replacement teeth:
- Fixed bridge, to replace a single tooth or several teeth
- Dentures, either partial or full
If you need restorative dental care, call (734) 725-2022.